Firefighters quickly extinguished a kitchen fire at a Westwood high-rise apartment Thursday afternoon, Los Angeles Fire Department officials said. No one was injured.
The fire in the building located at 10560 West Wilshire Blvd. was caused by food on the stove, said Erik Scott, LAFD spokesman. The fire was reported at 3:22 p.m. No one was evacuated.
Scott said fires in high-rise buildings heighten the LAFD's concern because of the number of people inside who could be at risk.
"Fortunately, everyone was safe and sound," he said.
Firefighters remained at the location to remove smoke from the building.