Areas of Bundy Drive in West Los Angeles will experience lane reductions for continued Expo Line utility work, starting Monday, May 13.
Bundy Drive Expo Line bridge work began disrupting Westside traffic in mid-April. The latest utilty work will take place on Bundy Drive between Olympic Boulevard and Tennessee Avenue.
Work crews will continue relocating existing utility lines, which will include saw-cutting and removal of asphalt, trench excavation, installation of the utility, backfilling and asphalt restoration. Heavy machinery will be used including, excavators/backhoes, front-end loaders, and trucks. The noise generated will be comparable to that of a garbage truck and is not continuous, according to the Expo Construction Authority.
Bundy Drive, south of Exposition Boulevard
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Starting the week of May 13, 2013, for approximately 3 weeks
Bundy Drive, between Olympic Boulevard and just south of Exposition Boulevard
9:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m., Sunday - Thursday
Starting the week of May 13, 2013, for approximately 1 month
- During nighttime work hours, Bundy Drive between Olympic Boulevard and Tennessee Avenue, will be intermittently reduced to one lane of traffic each direction.
- During daytime work hours, southbound Bundy Drive, just south of Exposition Boulevard, will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
- Left turns through the construction area will be restricted.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented and strictly enforced.
- Signage with specific restrictions will be posted in all construction areas.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels.
- Obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
- Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.