Zero robberies, assaults and grand theft autos were reported.
- 1700 block of Old Ranch Rd - Between 10/07/13 at 4:00 pm and 10/08/13 at 7:30 am, unknown suspect(s) smashed detached garage door lock and removed tools.
- 11800 block of Goshen - On 10/09/13 between 7:00 am and 5:30 pm, unknown suspect(s) entered apartment via open side window and removed a laptop and camera.
- 100 Carmelina - Between 10-08-13 at 8:30 pm and 10-9-13 at 7:30 am, while parked on the street, unk suspect(s) removed a laptop and an I-PAD.
- 12200 Gorham - Between 10-08-13 at 11:00 pm and 10-9-13 at 10:00 pm, while parked in a carport, unk suspect(s) removed vehicle registration.
- 12200 Gorham - On 10-09-13, between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm, while parked in a carport, unk suspect(s) removed paperwork.
- 500 Moreno - Between 10-13-13 at 9:00 pm and 10-14-13 8:30 am, while parked in a driveway, unk suspect(s) ransacked vehicle.
- 600 Firth Ave (residence) - On 10/01/13, unknown suspect(s) cut gate chain and broke lock to storage shed and removed property. Equipment valued at $5,300.00 (Reported: 10/13/13)
- 500 N Rockingham Ave (residence) - On 10/08/13, unknown suspect(s) removed tools from a construction site valued at $10,030.00
- 11600 Wilshire Bl (business) - On 10/08/13, unk suspect removed cell phone valued at $350.00
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is an alliance between the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). What this means for our community is that there exists a convenient and easy way to alert authorities of a suspected internet violation— Basically, it’s an analytical repository for Internet crime complaints. So when you get those e-mails that are soliciting money or you get a suspicious e-mail asking you to provide your banking and/or social security information (‘Phishing’ scams), now you have an avenue to report it where it will get addressed, documented and followed up by the appropriate investigating entity.
To file an Internet crime complaint, visit the IC3 website at www.ic3.gov Write this site down to keep next to your computer and pass it onto your friends and family as well.
And lastly, a great big THANK YOU goes out to the residents of Brentwood Hills HOA who gave us such a warm and wonderful welcome at their annual meeting on Sunday, October 13th. It was a beautiful day and an exceptional event and it was so very nice to meet so many of you in person!!