Man, woman and van identified in Kimberly Drive home burglary attempt
At 1:45 p.m. on Nov. 26 in the 1800 block of Kimberly Drive, two suspects entered a home and left without taking anything after learning the homeowner was inside, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. One suspect was described as a heavy set Hispanic woman with curly hair, and the second suspect was described as a Hispanic man, no further description. They were seen driving a white, 1990s model van.
- Between Nov. 30 at 7 a.m. and Dec. 2 at 11:45 a.m. in the 1000 block of Amherst Avenue, suspects entered a house via an unlocked rear window and removed cash and jewelry.
- Between 10:30 and 2:30 p.m. on Dec. 3 in the 11400 block of Ayrshire Road, suspect(s) pried open a rear sliding door to a home and removed a watch and cameras.
7 vehicle burglaries
Senior Lead Officer Maria Gray said the biggest problem area for vehicle breaks is San Vicente Boulevard to Wilshire Boulevard, between Bundy Drive and Barrington Avenue. Some of the following incidents involved vehicles left unlocked
"Please make a note that some of these cars are broken into for nothing more than sunglasses or loose change," Gray said in her email. "You cannot leave anything in your vehicle when you park it."
- Between 10:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. on Nov. 30 in the 11600 block of Gorham Avenue, a GPS and clothes were taken from a vehicle parked in a garage.
- Between 5 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Dec. 1 in the 1000 block of Granville Avenue, an iPhone and sunglasses were taken from a vehicle parked on the street.
- Between 9 p.m. on Nov. 30 and 8:15 a.m. on Dec. 1 in the 11800 block of Gorham Avenue, clothes were taken from a vehicle parked in a carport after a window was smashed.
- Between 9 p.m. on Nov. 30 and 10:45 a.m. on Dec. 1 in the 11700 block of Goshen Avenue, compact discs and clothes were taken from a vehicle parked in an alley after a window was smashed.
- Between midnight adn 3:15 p.m. on Dec. 2 in the 11700 block of Darlington Avenue, sunglasses were taken from a vehicle parked in a carport after a window was smashed.
- Between 12:30 and 9:45 a.m. on Dec. 2 in the 11900 block of Dorothy Street, cash, identification and credit cards were taken from a car parked in a carport after a window was smashed.
- At 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 4 in the 12200 block of Falkirk Lane, a camera was taken from a vehicle parked on the street.
If you see anything that you feel is suspicious, but not an emergency, go to www.alertcommunity.com. It allows citizens to document suspicious activity quickly, easily, and anonymously.