Grand theft auto
Between 5:40 and 9:45 p.m. on Dec. 12 in the 600 block of Lorna Lane, a 1999 Honda Civic was stolen from a driveway, according to Los Angeles police.
Suspects ID'd from clothing store theft
It was reported on Dec. 10 that in October in the 100 block of South Barrington Place, a tote bag was stolen from a clothing store, valued at $375. According to police two suspects - a black woman and a black man both between the ages of 30 and 35 - posed as customers and then shoplifted.
2 burglary attempts at same home
On Nov. 23 at 3 a.m in the 500 block of Greta Green Way, a house alarm was activated. On Dec. 10 the same victim reported a window screen bent, prompting another attempted home burglary report.
Almost $13K in jewelry stolen
On Dec. 9 in the 2200 block of Jeffersonia Way, jewelry was stolen from a home. It was valued at $12,950.00.
On Dec. 6 in the 11700 block of Barrington Avenue, a computer, valued at $2,860, was stolen from an eating establishment.
On Dec. 14 in the 12000 block of Wilshire Boulevard, a wallet, valued at $3,040, was stolen from a business.
- On Dec. 10 between 12:30 and 3:30 p.m. in the 11400 block of Thurston Circle, suspects pried open a bathroom window screen and removed a wallet and its contents.
- Between Dec. 10 at 5 p.m. and Dec. 11 at 7 a.m. in the 900 block of Hazeltine Avenue, suspect(s) entered a structure that had no front door, torched the interior lock box and removed tools.
- On Dec. 14 at 7:15 p.m. in the 300 block of South Bundy Drive, suspects smashed the rear window sliding door to a home. No property was taken.
Burglary from motor vehicle
- On Dec. 8 between 3 and 7 p.m. in the 11900 block of San Vicente Boulevard, a window was smashed to a vehicle parked in a garage and cash and glasses were taken.
- On Dec. 13 at 6 p.m. and Dec. 14 at 8:45 a.m. in the 500 block of South Barrington Avenue, a window was smashed to a vehicle parked in a garage and a bag was removed.
- On Dec. 14 between 6:50 and 8:35 a.m. in the 11800 block of Wilshire Boulevard, a computer was removed from a vehicle parked in a garage.
- On Dec. 15 between 2:30 and 10:30 a.m. in the 11700 block of Goshen Avenue, wheels and tires were removed from a vehicle parked in a garage.
A note from Senior Lead Officer Maria Gray: Please be good neighbors this holiday season and watch out for one another since so many families are away from their homes this time of year. Burglars know that right now is an opportune time to commit burglaries and homes are often packed with gifts—sometimes even visible from the window-- a big NO NO! Also note that most burglaries occur during the day so don’t assume that broad daylight is a deterrent by any means.
Please let your trusted neighbors know what your out of town plans are and then offer to reciprocate. And always leave a light on along with a radio that you can hear from immediately outside your home. Make that a habit every time you walk out the door and the odds of you becoming a victim of a burglary go down tremendously. Its little measures like these that we must take as long as we live life in the big city.
Happy Holidays everyone and please stay vigilant to ensure you have a happy New Year as well!
If you see anything that you feel is suspicious, but not an emergency, go to www.alertcommunity.com. It allows citizens to document suspicious activity quickly, easily, and anonymously.