- Between 8 p.m. Aug. 20 and 7 a.m. Aug. 21 at the intersection of Bundy and Kiowa, a 1996 Missan Maxima was stolen.
- Between 11:30 p.m. Aug. 25 and 8 a.m. Aug. 26 in the 2300 block of Mandeville Canyon Road, a 2011 Mercedes SL550 was stolen.
- Between 4 p.m. Aug. 21 and 5 a.m. Aug. 22 at a construction site in the 1700 block of Westridge Road, suspect(s) cut locks on a Connex storage box and removed tools, according to Los Angeles police.
- Between 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Aug. 22 in the 11900 block of Darlington Avenue, suspect(s) gained entry to a home by unknown means and displaced interior property. Police say there was no identifiable loss.
- Between 8 p.m. Aug. 25 and 5:50 a.m. Aug. 26 in the 11700 block of Wilshire Boulevard, suspect(s) smashed the front window to a business and removed property.
- Between 9:10 and 9:40 a.m. Aug. 22 in the 11900 block of Mayfield Avenue, a wallet was stolen through an open window from a vehicle parked in a garage.
- Between 6:30 and 8:25 a.m. Aug. 22 in the 13000 block of San Vicente Boulevard, a window was smashed to a vehicle parked in a parking lot and a make-up bag was stolen.
- Between Aug. 9 and Aug. 12 in the 12000 block of Wilshire Boulevard, a laptop computer was stolen from a motel room. It was valued at $1,200. The incident was first reported on Aug. 22.
- On Aug. 22 at a business at the intersection of San Vicente/Montana, an unknown suspect took a bike valued at $150 while the victim was in a place of business.
- Between Aug. 19 and Aug. 24 in the 11700 block of San Vicente Boulevard at a bank, an unknown suspect removed $70,000 from a bank vault.
- At 4:40 p.m. Aug. 25 at a business in the 200 block of 26th Street, a suspect shoplifted three purses with a total value of $5,000. Police describe the suspect as an approximately 35-year-old Hispanic woman with two children.
- Between Aug. 24 and Aug. 25 at a garage in the 800 block of South Bundy Drive, an unknown suspect removed two unsecured bicycles from an apartment garage valued at $2,700.
- At approximately 2 p.m. Aug. 23 at a hotel in the 11400 block of Sunset Boulevard, two suspects used fraudulent credit cards to rent a room, use spa services and purchase items at the gift shop, a total loss of $1,806.
- Between Aug. 17 and Aug. 24 in the 11600 block of San Vicente Boulevard, an unknown suspect used a bolt cutter a removed two bicycles valued at $1,250.
- Between 12:35 and 1:15 p.m. in a parking lot at 11701 Wilshire Blvd., a suspect - possibly an attendant - took a phone left in a car valued at $600.
No family is immune. Drug dependency and/or drug abuse can develop quickly and can easily overwhelm and completely disseminate a family. With the ever increasing problem of prescription drug addiction, drug abuse is not just a teen or young person’s problem any longer. Drugs come in many forms:illegal street drugs, prescription medications, even alcohol and tobacco are considered drugs in that they’re chemical substances that affect your body, mind and behavior. Here are a few resources to consider if you know someone who is struggling with addiction.
- Drug treatment centers and clinics specializing in treating people with drug problems. There are ‘pain management’ facilities that help those addicted to substances like Vicodin or Fentanyl following the treatment of an illness or injury.
- Hospitals and mental health/counseling centers.
- Detoxification centers.
Feel free to call/email me should you have any questions or concerns.
Senior Lead Officer Maria Gray
If you see anything that you feel is suspicious, but not an emergency, go to www.alertcommunity.com. It allows citizens to document suspicious activity quickly, easily, and anonymously.Brentwood Patch: Facebook | Twitter | E-mail Updates |