Here in the land of bottlenecks and brakelights, everyone has an intersection they love to hate. Some are simply annoying; others, downright dangerous. A few examples come immediately to mind:
- The one with the left-turn signal that doesn't let enough cars through each time.
- The blind intersection where moving forward means risking a wreck.
- The four-way stop that needs a signal.
- The street corner where drivers regularly run red lights.
- The signal where traffic backs up forever.
For several weeks, Patch has been asking readers to vote on their favorite places around town. (In case you missed it, we've already covered burgers and breakfast spots.)
But we also want to hear about unfavorites—from the yuckiest public restroom to that recurring graffiti—in hopes of spurring public officials, merchants or others in the community to fix things up.
We’re kicking off our Patch Patrol feature with your least favorite traffic intersections.
Tell us about the streetcorner you dread the most: where it is and why you hate it. Vent, fume and fulminate all you like, but please keep the language clean. We’ll take nominees this week and vote for the city's worst cross streets next week.
What's the worst intersection in town? Why? What is needed to make it more efficient or safer? Tell us in the comments.