1. Take a detour tour through the Getty Museum's collection. Designed to help visitors explore the Getty Museum off the beaten path, the detour tour takes participants on new hour-long routes every day. Meet the educator at the museum information desk. The tours runs daily at 3 p.m. through Sept. 10. The Getty is at 1200 Getty Center Drive.
2. The Skirball Cultural Center has brought back its widely popular Summer Drop-in Art Studio. The program features a rotating menu of inspiring projects that focus on exploring, re-imagining, and enhancing the world around us. Drop in any time during regular museum hours. The last entry is at 4:30 p.m. Museum hours are 12 p.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. The museum is closed Mondays. The program is free with museum admission. General admission is $10, while seniors and full-time students pay $7. Admission for children ages 2-12 is $5 and children under the age of 2 are free. The Skirball Cultural Center is at 2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
3. The Donald Bruce Kaufman-Brentwood Branch Library will host a stamp club at 3 p.m. today. Get together with like-minded stamp collectors to share and compare collections. The library is at 11820 San Vicente Blvd.
4. The Mulholland Bridge will be closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. The Skirball Bridge will also be closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Construction workers will build a deck panel on the Skirball Bridge. Lanes for both bridges within the closure limits will begin to shut down as early as 7 p.m.
5. Brentwood Patch is looking for local bloggers to share their voices on our site. Do you have something to say? Are you passionate and knowledgeable about Brentwood? Do you like to write? Then this could be for you. For more information, contact Patch Regional Editor Diana Swartz at email@example.com