We've already shared the and the , so it's time to take a look at the five cheapest recent residential real estate transactions on Realtor.com.
Here are the Brentwood 90049 sales stats, ranked "low-to-high" as the search robots put it, and mappped to generate ganzfeld gazes of both the gestalt and zeitgeist.
- 622 S. Barrington Ave., a one-bedroom, one-bath 760-square-foot condo went for $305,000. That's $401 per square foot (I just calculated this.)
- 11645 Montana Ave., another one-bedroom, one-bath condo (944 square feet) garnered $330,000. for $349/square foot.
- 809 S Bundy Dr. sold for $357,000. It's another 1 + 1 with 1054 square feet. $338/sq. ft.
- Ditto: 11836 Mayfield Ave. 1+ 1 with 733 square feet went for $360,000. That's $491/sq. ft.
- Another one-plus-one at 289 S Barrington Ave. 1032 square feet, $365,000, $353/sq. ft.
So what's so special about that Mayfield unit?
Not so much apparently.
If you click through to the listing, the estimated value of this condo has dropped to $330, 127. (How an estimate manages to have six-figure accuracy is another question.)
A new price per square foot calculation gets us $450, which is still the highest but not crazy high.
What's the magic? Was it a nicer building? Better amenities? HOA with a clue? Buyer in a hurry with cash to burn? Easy terms?
Let us know if you know.