Attention commuters, business owners and residents near Sepulveda and Exposition boulevards about the following utility work for the Expo Light Rail project.
What: Relocation of On-Street and Underground Utilities
When: Monday, Nov. 5, 2012 through Friday, March 29, 2013
Work Hours: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday*
*Hours contingent upon city approval
Where: Construction activities will take place at the following locations:
- Sepulveda Boulevard from Pico Boulevard to Exposition Boulevard
- Exposition Boulevard from Sepulveda Boulevard, extending approximately 200 feet west of the intersection
Construction activities will include removing and relocating existing on-street and underground utilities at various points along Sepulveda and Exposition Boulevards. Major work activities will include saw-cutting and removal of asphalt, excavation of soil, installation of new utilities, backfilling and asphalt restoration.
- Sepulveda Boulevard will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction between Sepulveda Boulevard and Exposition Boulevard intermittently during the work period. Left turns through the work area will be restricted during the work period.
- Exposition Boulevard from Sepulveda Boulevard, extending approximately 200 feet west of the intersection will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Left turns onto westbound Sepulveda Boulevard will be restricted intermittently during the work period. Traffic in both directions will be maintained by flaggers.
- Parking restrictions on Sepulveda and Exposition Boulevards will be strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
- Electronic message boards, directional signage and/or flaggers will be used to maintain traffic flow and safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
- Access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)