Attention residents, business owners and commuters in the vicinity of the Sunset Boulevard Bridge at the 405 Freeway and Sepulveda Boulevard between Montana Avenue and Church Lane/Ovada Place.
A full closure of the Sunset Boulevard Bridge at the 405 Freeway has been scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 27 and Wednesday, Nov. 28. Additionally, Sepulveda Boulevard between Montana Avenue and Church Lane/Ovada Place will be closed the same night. The closures are from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. on both nights.
What: Sunset Bridge full closure for bridge deck grinding and full closure of Sepulveda Bl for critical work.
What to expect:
- Local access to residents and businesses will be maintained at closure points; there will be no thrrough access on the Sunset Bridge.
- Westbound Sunset Boulevard traffic will be detoured to southbound Veteran Avenue, to westbound Wilshire Boulevard, to northbound Barrington Avenue and back to Sunset Boulevard.
- Eastbound Sunset Boulevard traffic will be detoured to southbound Barrington Avenue, to eastbound Wilshire Boulevard, to nortbound Veteran Avenue and back to Sunset Boulevard
- Sepulveda Boulevard traffic will be detoured to Church Lane.
- The southbound Sunset off-ramp and the westbound Sunset Boulevard to southbound 405 on-ramp will remain open; all other Sunset ramps will be closed as early as 7 p.m. until 6 a.m.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to an area outside the construction zone.
- Emergency access will be maintained.
Also, support of excavation of freeway retaining wall and drilling operations for the northbound Sunset Boulevard off-ramp large diameter shafts for bent construction are were anticipated to start on Monday, Nov. 26 through March 2013.
Work hours are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Preliminary bent work is anticipated to start on Monday, Nov. 26 through Friday, Dec. 21. Anticipated work hours are from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Operations are weather permitting.
What to expect:
- Access to residents and businesses will be maintained.
- Sepulveda Boulevard will be maintained with one lane in each direction from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and fully closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. to support these and other critical activities; traffic will be detoured to Church Lane.
- Nighttime freeway lane closures will be required in order to safely operate equipment; lane closures will be coordinated with Caltrans and may start as early as 10 p.m.. Access to freeway traffic will be maintained.
- The Montana Avenue and the Sunset Boulevard northbound off-ramps will be closed intermittently during these operations.
- For daily closure information please visit www.metro.net/I-405.
- Operation requires the use of excavators, graders, dump trucks, vactor trucks and drill rigs.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.