Attention area residents and business owners:
As part of the construction of Phase 2 of the Expo Light Rail Line, work crews will be working at the intersection of Sepulveda and Exposition Boulevards for the installation of the falsework for the Sepulveda Bridge in the City of Los Angeles. The work is being managed and performed by the Expo Phase 2 design-build contractor Skanska-Rados Joint Venture (SRJV), and its subcontractors.
Night work is slated to start Monday, Feb. 11 through Friday, Feb. 22, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Construction crews will erect falsework using timber and steel forms as a mold for the cast-in-place concrete bridge that will span over Sepulveda Boulevard.
- The intersection of Exposition and Sepulveda Boulevards will remain open to through traffic throughout installation of the falsework; however, turns will be restricted.
- Northbound and southbound Sepulveda Boulevard will be narrowed to one lane in each direction from Exposition Boulevard to approximately 20 feet north of the intersection.
- Eastbound Exposition Boulevard will remain open to through traffic.
- Westbound traffic on Exposition Boulevard will be forced to make a right at Sepulveda Boulevard.
- All traffic lanes will be open to through traffic during daytime hours.
- Electronic message boards will be used to update commuters as necessary.
- Directional signage and/or flagmen will be used to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
- Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)