Attention residents and business owners in the area of Bundy Drive in West Los Angeles:
As part of the construction of Phase 2 of the Expo Light Rail Line, work crews will be conducting utility work on Bundy Drive in the City of Los Angeles. The work is being managed and performed by the Expo Phase 2 design-build contractor Skanska-Rados Joint Venture (SRJV), and its subcontractors.
When: Monday, Oct. 15 through Friday, Jan. 4, 2013
Work Hours: Daytime hours: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Nighttime hours: 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday through Thursday
Where: Work will take place on Bundy Drive between Olympic Boulevard and Tennessee Avenue.
Work Description: Work crews will be conducting several on-street and underground utility work activities. The utility work will include saw-cutting and removal of asphalt, trench excavation, installation of the utility, backfilling and asphalt restoration. Heavy machinery will be used including, excavators/backhoes, front-end loaders, and trucks. The noise generated will be comparable to that of a garbage truck and is not continuous.
- Bundy Drive between Olympic Boulevard and Tennessee Avenue will be reduced to one traffic lane in each direction intermittently during daytime and nighttime work hours.
- At least one lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times during work hours.
- Parking restrictions on Bundy Drive may be required throughout the work activity. Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
- Directional signage will be used to safely direct drivers around the construction zones in order to minimize the disruption to traffic.
- Electronic message boards will be used to alert travelers of the closures.
- Access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels and sound blankets will be installed if required to buffer any noise that may impact the surrounding community.
- Work crews will water down the work area to minimize dust, sweep adjacent streets of debris as needed, and monitor the air.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.